Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further informationRead more..
The majority of NHS Trusts in the country are ranked as poor or satisfactory, with most of the rest achieving…Read more..
Culture and Leisure
Arts, Museums & Culture
- Baltic Art Museum – a major international centre for contemporary art
- The Sage Gateshead – an international home for music and musical education
- The Theatre Royal – one of the most famous theatres in the country and “Newcastle’s cultural temple.”
- Great North Museum: Hancock – houses collections of historic antiquities, art and natural history.
- The Centre of Life – the biggest and best hands-on Science Centre in the North of England, which explores life and how it works
- The Discovery Museum – the ideal place to find out all about life on Tyneside, from the region’s shipbuilding heritage to inventions which changed the world.
- The City Library – new state of the art City Library located next to the University and housing books, music, film and public records.
- The Newcastle Mela – a free annual event that attracts 30,000 people who want to be entertained and learn more about South Asian culture
Sports & Entertainment
- Newcastle United, St James Park – the home of the Toon Army and one of the UK’s most famous and passionate venues for world class Premiership football.
- Metro Radio Arena – the largest concert and exhibition venue in the North East of England featuring pop concerts, live performance, basket ball and ice hockey.
- O2 Academy – a live gig venue boasting a magnificent auditorium that provides a dramatic and atmospheric space to experience new musical talent from the local area and breaking new acts on the national touring circuit.
- City Centre Shopping – Northumberland Street and Eldon Square, Newcastle’s main city centre shopping areas, often dubbed the “Oxford Street of the North”
- Metro Centre, Gateshead – one of Europe’s largest shopping centre, including restaurants, bowling alley, entertainment centre and IMAX cinema.